This is the page where we will be posting/updating with the “best” Galaxy Note 3 ROMs for the average user. With that said, we would like to tell you there is no such thing as “best” custom ROM but this list is here to help noobs/beginners find a good, stable custom ROM to start with.
*Note – This list is continuously being updated so please check back often. Last update – Sept 29th 2014.
- TR ROM [TouchWiz] – Based on latest Android 4.4.2 TouchWiz, TR ROM brings you goodies like quad multi-window, S5 apps, sound boost MOD, and much more.
- VN ROM – Based on stock Samsung firmware, VN ROM brings you a mix of nice transparent theme along with many features you will not regret having over stock ROM.
- Canadian S5 ROM – Convert your Note 3 into Galaxy S5!
- Gummy ROM [AOSP] – Based on latest Android 4.4.4, Gummy ROM brings you the best and greatest stable Android 4.4.4 along with a TON of features!
- CM11 ROM + HighOnAndroid OPO Kit [AOSP] – Convert your Note 3 into a OnePlus One smartphone with CM11 ROM and HighOnAndroid OnePlus One Kit!
- BobCat KitKat ROM – Based on stock Samsung firmware, BobCat ROM brings you a custom theme along with a ton of great features/MODs. This is certainly one of the best custom ROMs you can get.
What is a Custom ROM?
A custom ROM is a custom, modified operating system that you can install on your Android device. Basically it's like installing Windows OS on a Macbook. By installing a custom ROM, you can bypass stock factory settings like locked hotspot tether, install new Android versions early, or even convert your phone into another OS.
With a custom ROM, you can really maximize the capabilities of your smartphone by adding custom features that have been developed by open source developers.
How to Install Custom ROMs
First, you will need to root your device, if it is not rooted yet, follow our root tutorial and root your phone.
Once rooted, you should have TWRP installed on your phone. Installation of a custom ROM is easy if you learn the basic of it. If you don't know how to install custom ROMs using TWRP recovery, see our tutorial on How to Install Custom ROM using TWRP!