For this week’s ROM of the Week, check out AICP ROM, available for SM-N9005, T-Mobile SM-N900T, Sprint SM-N900P, and Canadian SM-N900W8. (Sorry, DOES NOT WORK WITH SAFESTRAP!)
Based on latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, AICP brings you the latest and best of pure Google to your Galaxy Note 3. This is an AOSP ROM (What is AOSP?) so you will lose all of your Samsung TouchWiz features.
This ROM literally turns your Note 3 into a Note 4 as the speed and performance is ridiculously fast! I was able to score near 46,000 on Antutu, which is about the same as Note 4 on KitKat. Now that’s without any overclocking. With a custom kernel and overclocking, you should be able to easily go near 50,000.
Apart from benchmarks, the AICP runs super fast and apps/games are now zippier than ever. And it doesn’t end there either, you will be able to fully customize your phone with its AICP Extras in Settings which include stuff like Gesture Anywhere, App Circle Bar, Ad blocker, custom system animations, boot animations, and a ton more.
If you are looking for a good Lollipop ROM, definitely give this guy a try and do let me know what you think!
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
First time installing a custom ROM? See How to Install Custom ROM on Galaxy Note 3!
Credits – XDA <— Please donate to the developer of this ROM or hit Thanks button on XDA if you like it, thx!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.