If you are in town for Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM today, not when Samsung updates their software, grab the latest CM12 ROM beta by XDA user Temasek, available for T-Mobile Note 3 SM-N900T, SM-N9005, Canadian SM-N900W8, and Sprint SM-N900P.
This is a “beta” version which has pretty much everything working except video recording and NFC. I have been testing it as daily driver for last couple days and have to say the battery life and performance is excellent.
As for benchmarking performance, it didn’t do as well as the CM12 ROM I tested on a Galaxy S5 couple days back but it does better than stock TouchWiz Note 3. Apart from benchmarks, performance is outstanding, UI is superfluid and fast as you would expect from the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Overall, CM12 ROM beta is probably not recommended as daily driver (unless you can live with broken video recording and NFC) but you can always make a backup ROM, try Lollipop, then restore your ROM back. So, definitely give this guy a test drive this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM CM12 Beta for Galaxy Note 3 (for all T-Mobile Note 3 SM-N900T, SM-N9005, and Canadian SM-N900W8)
Download SuperSU v2.30 (You MUST use this version to get full root!)
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, install SuperSU, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
First time installing a custom ROM? See How to Install Custom ROM on Galaxy Note 3!
Credits – XDA <— Please donate to the developer of this ROM or hit Thanks button on XDA if you like it, thx!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.