For those of you looking to experience OnePlus One on your Note 3, did you know you can install CM11 ROM plus HighOnAndroid OnePlus One Conversion Kit?
To do this, you can use the latest CM11 ROM Snapshot M8 (which is the latest stable release available) along with the Conversion Kit. With it, you will get goodies like OnePlus One camera, Hexo theme, Screencast (records screen along with your voice), AudioFX app (sorta like Viper4Android), and some more. The only thing not working is screen-off gestures, which isn’t too big of a deal.
CM11 ROM is currently available if you have a Note 3 with unlocked bootloader such as T-Mobile, Sprint, Canadian, or SM-N9005 models. So, if you have those models, definitely give it a test drive over the week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download CM11 ROM for Galaxy Note 3 (for T-Mobile SM-N900T, Sprint SM-N900P, Canadian SM-N900W8, or SM-N9005)
Download Android 4.4.4 Gapps [You can use Stock or Micro]
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, install Conversion Kit, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
First time installing a custom ROM? See How to Install Custom ROM on Galaxy Note 3!
Credits – CyanogenMOD for awesome CM11 ROM! The HighOnAndroid OnePlus One Conversion kit also works on any Android smartphone or tablet running CM11 ROM, see How to Convert your Android Smartphone into OnePlus One!
- Want latest Android L Preview Keyboard? See How to Install Android L Preview Keyboard on rooted Android!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.
Q: How can I thank you for your tutorial?
A: I don’t take donations but if you could PLEASE subscribe to my Zedomax YouTube channel, that would help me greatly and thank you!