For those of you looking for a good AOSP custom ROM with latest Android 4.4.4 and endless number of customization options, look nowhere than Gummy ROM. This has been one of my favorite custom ROMs of all time and it’s back with the latest Android 4.4.4 along with “M3” stable release, meaning you will be able to enjoy stable and fast Android 4.4.4.
Based on latest Android 4.4.4 sources, Gummy ROM is an AOSP ROM (What is AOSP?) that brings you the latest and great Android 4.4.4 along with plenty of customization/features. After using many different custom ROMs, Gummy ROM is one of my favorite custom ROMs as it’s very fast, stable, and comes with so many features you wouldn’t want to live without.
Inside the core of Gummy ROM Settings, you will find Gummy Interface, which allows you to customize and tweak everything from your status bar, notification drawer, quick settings, hardware keys, soft keys, PIE Controls, HeadsUp pop-up notifications, Power Menu, Lockscreen, and plenty more. (See video overview for demo.)
If you are looking for a good Android 4.4.4 custom ROM that offers more customization than ROMs like CM11, definitely give this guy a go this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download Gummy ROM for Galaxy Note 3 (For T-Mobile SM-N900T, Sprint SM-N900P, SM-N9005, and Canadian SM-N900W8)
Download HighOnAndroid OnePlus One Conversion Kit w/ No Lockscreen, Audio FX (optional- use this one instead if AudioFX app force closes)
Download Android 4.4.4 Gapps (Use micro if you want AOSP camera along with Google Camera you can install from Play Store or use stock if you want all latest Google apps but you only get Google Camera)
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, install Conversion Kit, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
First time installing a custom ROM? See How to Install Custom ROM on Galaxy Note 3!
- Want latest Android L Preview Keyboard? See How to Install Android L Preview Keyboard on rooted Android!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.