Can’t afford a Note 5? Perhaps you don’t like the fact that Note 5 no longer has microSD slot and removable battery?
No worries, you can easily convert your Galaxy Note 3 into a Note 5 using the DarkLord N5 ROM.
Based on latest Android 5.1.1 Note 5 firmware, the DarkLord N5 ROM brings you all the features of Note 5 plus much much more. Inside, you will find everything you can do on the Note 5 including themes, settings, UI, etc…etc… For S-Pen, you will be able to enjoy all of the new Note 5 features along with screen-off memo that works flawless. Essentially, the DarkLord N5 ROM makes your Note 3 better than Note 5 with support for IR blaster, multi-window for any apps, People Edge/App Edge from S6 Edge Plus, and more.
Performance is decent on its stock kernel with excellent battery life, probably much better than on a real Note 5. With custom kernel, you should also be able to improve the performance quite a bit, I should have an update on that also.
Overall, if you want to convert your Note 3 into Note 5, the DarkLord N5 ROM will do just that. Of course, you won’t be able to get any feature on the Note 5 that requires Note 5 hardware such as the fingerprint sensor but otherwise it’s simply amazing. So, definitely give this guy a go this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download DarkLord N5 ROM for Galaxy Note 3 (for T-Mobile SM-N900T, Sprint SM-N900P, Canadian SM-N900W8, SM-N9005, Korean SM-N900S, SM-N900K, SM-N900L, SM-N900D, Galaxy J)
*Note NFC is broke for T-Mobile and Canadian but otherwise everything else works fine.
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
- Xposed for Marshmallow – Need cool Xposed modules to make your custom ROM complete? Check out our step-by-step tutorial!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android Lollipop!
- Want Xposed for Lollipop? See How to Install Xposed for Android Lollipop!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!