Note 5 was released not too long ago and we are starting to see some of the new Note 5 features rolling into Note 3 custom ROMs. While the Note 5 Air Command still needs some time to port over to Note 3, you can still enjoy many of the new Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus features through the Norma ROM.
This ROM can be installed on many Note 3 models including the SM-N9005, SM-N9006, SM-N9008, Japanese/Korean Note 3, Sprint SM-N900P, and T-Mobile SM-N900T/Canadian SM-N900W8. Note NFC is broke for T-Mobile and Canadian but otherwise everything else works fine.
Based on latest Android 5.0.2, Norma ROM brings you goodies like People Edge and Apps Edge and edge screen functionality just like on the new S6 Edge Plus. Not only that, you will also be able to enjoy the Galaxy S6 camera right on your Note 3 along with double-press home shortcut, just like a Note 5/S6 Edge Plus/S6. You will find the latest Note 5 icons along with ability to change your grid size and also 100% access to Samsung TouchWiz theme store.
Other nifty features include slight customization of UI through Norma settings in Settings menu along with Viper4Android.
While we wait for a complete port from Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus, this is as best as it gets so definitely give it a go this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android Lollipop!
- Want Xposed for Lollipop? See How to Install Xposed for Android Lollipop!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I have no Play Store!
A: Make sure you install Gapps zip file in TWRP or CWM Recovery!!! Download link in this post