For this week’s ROM of the Week, check out Tesla ROM for Galaxy Note 3.
Based on Android 5.1.1 AOSP (What is AOSP?), Tesla ROM by Team Validus brings you years of experience and solid open source development to their latest Tesla ROM. Tesla ROM shares a lot of roots with Slim ROMs and it comes with stuff like Slim launcher (which I really love) along with full floating multi-window support (enable Slim Recents in Settings).
As far as customization, you will be able to customize your phone easily through the Tesla Coil menu that includes tweaks for your quick settings, status bar, navigation bar (hardware/soft buttons, PIE Control, Power menu), recents button, and much much more.
Of course, best part about Tesla ROM is that it comes with support for overclocking out of the box (I recommend 2.726Ghz) via its custom kernel. I was able to overclock it find to 2.726Ghz for many hours no problem and even ran a bunch of Antutu tests on it. If you want to get your Note 3 to run just as fast as Note 4, this may be the closest solution without buying a new phone.
Overall, this is an excellent AOSP ROM that will convert your aging Note 3 into a Nexus beast with lots of customization and overclocking to the fullest so definitely give it a go and let me know what you think!
Download Tesla ROM for Galaxy Note 3 (for T-Mobile SM-N900T, Canadian SM-N900W8, and SM-N9005)
Download Android 5.1 Gapps (DO NOT USE older Gapp as you will FC!!!)
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install ROM, install Gapps, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
Credits – XDA <— Please donate to the developer of this ROM or hit Thanks button on XDA if you like it, thx!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android Lollipop!
- Want Xposed for Lollipop? See How to Install Xposed for Android Lollipop!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I have no Play Store!
A: Make sure you install Gapps zip file in TWRP or CWM Recovery!!! Download link in this post above.