For this week’s Galaxy Note 3 ROM of the Week, check out Tweaked ROM with Material L Theme by XDA user Dwitherell.
Based on latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat TouchWiz firmware, Tweaked ROM brings you lots of cool “tweaks” including a Material L theme that’s going to get your Note 3 as close to the latest Android L Preview as much as possible. You can install this ROM on T-Mobile, Canadian, or SM-N9005 models.
Tweaked ROM also gives you option to install along with ColonelX kernel (choose this instead of stock during installation), which allows you to easily overclock to a stable, whopping 2.8Ghz! You can get Trickster MOD app on Play Store to change the frequency settings if that’s too much for you. There’s also quad multi-window with multi-instance support for the stock browser, allowing you multi-task to the fullest.
As its name implies, Tweaked ROM is certainly one of the most tweaked custom ROMs I’ve seen, you also have a choice of 3 different custom themes including Material L Theme. (See all themes here.)
For tweaking UI, you will find TSM Parts in Settings, which will allow you to fully customize your status bar, lockscreen, enable call recording, enable screen-off/lockscreen NFC, and much much more.
Overall, Tweaked ROM is definitely one of the fastest custom ROMs I’ve tried with lots of cool features so definitely check this one out over the week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download Tweaked ROM Basic Install Prep (for T-Mobile, Canadian, or SM-N9005)
Download Tweaked ROM for Galaxy Note 3 (for T-Mobile, Canadian, or SM-N9005)
To install, reboot into recovery, make backup ROM, wipe data/factory reset, install Basic Install Prep, install ROM, and reboot. (If for some reason you end up in a bootloop or get force-closed keyboard error on boot, reboot into CWM recovery, go to Mounts & Storage->format /system. For TWRP, go to Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe /system.)
First time installing a custom ROM? See How to Install Custom ROM on Galaxy Note 3!
- Want latest Android L Preview Keyboard? See How to Install Android L Preview Keyboard on rooted Android!
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android 4.4.2/4.4.3 KitKat!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- Want to listen to YouTube music with screen off? Check out How to Playback YouTube videos with Screen-Off!
- Need multi-window? Check out How to Add Multi-Window to Any Rooted Android!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I don’t have Play Store nor any of the Google apps!
A: You forgot to install Gapps, reboot into recovery and install it! (See above for download.)
Q: The ROM is not booting!
A: Try formatting /system and re-install ROM, sometimes the system partition gets corrupt and you may have to try 2 or 3 times before the ROM boots.